We want your buying decision to be a sound one, balancing budget with need.
How do you do that without spending an inordinate amount of time researching on the internet, running around from showroom to showroom and getting numerous quotes? There is no magic formula that guarantees the best value but there are some things you can do to give yourself the best chance of being happy with your choice.
- Pick us… Just kidding. Well, kinda.
- Determine why you are considering replacing window and doors. Seems simple enough but I have walked into many a home and after a discussion with clients they really don’t need windows. They may need a new ventilation system or window treatments or need to move.
- Establish a realistic budget. Today windows installed range on average from $ 700-1,500.00 each depending on the type, function and complexity of the window. A modest order of 10 windows is $7,000.00 and a higher end product would be $15,000.00
- Visit a showroom, ask a lot of questions and listen to what is said. If you sense they are really interested in what your wants and needs are you are dealing with the right type of person. If they are moving right into showing you products and talking about specials and trying to convince you they know what you need, be very cautious as they may not have your best interests in mind.
- Ask friends and family who they have used and if they recently purchased ask what their thoughts of the buying process were.
- During a home visit (or consultation), be sure to walk through each room and discuss each window and door. A good salesperson will want to see them all to uncover the details.